Do you have never-ending to-do lists, countless contacts to keep up to date and an endless struggle searching for past projects in your inbox? Freelance property managers have a lot going on, we know!
You’re probably juggling a few clients and projects, all adding to your daily list of tasks. Not to mention trying to keep on top of maintenance plans, budgets and digging up historical records.
So, how do you stay organised?
Is it even possible??
I have the solution: meet Unity.
A cloud-based property management software, designed to help property managers streamline their operations and customer service.
The only business sidekick you need
As a freelance property manager you don’t have the assistance of a team behind you. You have to perform several roles – from administrator to finance planner and project manager.
To do this, you need a strong platform that can help you stay on top of everything. A platform that helps you communicate, schedule, plan, assign and monitor individual tasks among your clients and contractors.
Unity is the only sidekick that you’ll need in your freelance business as it helps you keep everything organised in one central place. No need for admin assistance or additional project management. Just you, backed up by Unity.
How Unity helps you
You can think of Unity as a project management tool on steroids. It’s got the basic ticketing function of any standard project management tool, with a few extra features that have been specifically designed for your exact workload.
Some of the key features include:
- Multi-building management – a central place to list all of the buildings that you manage, giving you a quick overview of what’s going on in each scheme.
- Per-building asset catalogues – logically organise each building, complex or site. Keep records of previous projects done and monitor upcoming inspections and maintenance.
- Ticket management – a fully-fledged ticket management system that helps you track client queries, outstanding projects and other tasks. A simple, organised to-do list.
- Contact management – keep all contact details in one place, including all property owners, tenants and contractors.
- Approval tracking – flexible, automated, email-based approval system that allows all interested parties to easily approve actions or expenditures. Including tracking all historical approvals.
- Reports – easily retrievable reports for quick overviews of each project.
- Historical data – no more sorting through long email threads or relying on your memory.
Simply put: Unity offers a cloud-based system that can handle the challenges of multiple daily maintenance requests and frequent project updates, while keeping an accurate history of approvals along the way.
And, best of all, it goes with you wherever you go. Meaning that you can keep on managing your properties from anywhere – whether it’s from your home office, local coffee shop, contractor site or even while on holiday (though, we do suggest you take a break every once in a while).
Tips for ultimate organisation
Organisation doesn’t come naturally to everyone. However, as a freelance property manager it’s essential to your success.
Dropping the ball on ongoing projects, losing important contact details or falling behind on maintenance plans can be detrimental to your business. In your competitive industry, it just takes one mistake to lose a client.
Here’s a few tips for how to best use the Unity platform:
- Load as much detail as possible for each of the buildings/units that you manage.
- Log a ticket for every query, question or concern that comes through your mailbox. Add comments and update the status as you address them.
- Log a ticket for every actionable item that you have to do, with as much detail as possible.
- Use the approval function to get your clients to do all approvals. This keeps a historical record that can easily be pulled up in future, if required.
- Communicate with your third-party service providers by giving them shared access to any completed and outstanding projects.
- Give your clients access to the portal so that they can easily see all outstanding projects.
- Pull regular reports to update your clients on current progress (and keep on impressing them with your super organisational skills).
Ready for a 4 week FREE trial?
Get in touch with us today to set up a demo call.